We, at CAC, acknowledge that the portal submission process we've developed doesn't follow the standard convention. We have geared the process to help submitters who have less experience with creating grading submissions (that is, the system is "smart" and will help suggest services and tiers based on the coin entered and declared values). That said, we want to make sure that you, an advanced submitter, are not put off by this process. To that end, below are a few pro tips for using our portal to accomplish your submission goals.
As advanced submitters, below is a list of assumptions we are making about how you are trying to create your submissions (or "invoices", as many of you call them).
- You know the service and tier you want to submit on.
- You know the order you want your coins to appear on the submission form.
- You have a good sense of what the declared value for each of your coins should be.
Here is how we recommend you build your submissions quickly and efficiently. Because remember, if you create your submissions through the portal, you'll save 50% on the handling fee.
- Use the Quick Submission tab.
- As soon as that tab loads, you'll be prompted to enter your first coin.
- If you have a barcode scanner, go straight to the Item Field in the Catalog Entry section; once you've selected that field, scan the coin's barcode.
- If you don't have a barcode scanner, select the coin/slab details in the Slab Details section.
- Unless you want to track items in the portal's My Collection tab (we wouldn't recommend this for most dealers), don't selection "save to collection?".
- Once you've finished entering your first item, select "save + add more" (even if you don't have another coin to add).
- Repeat this process until you've entered all the coins, in order, that you want to submit.
- Then selection "View Items" to see the list of coins you've entered to submit.
- Now select "Build Submission" in the upper right side of the screen.
- On this dialog box, you have the option to:
- Select your service type; the portal will default to an available service depending on the coin details;
- Update your declared value(s);
- Select any add-on services you'd like;
- Select your shipping method; if you don't see the one you want in the dropdown menu, please contact Customer Care at email@example.com so we can add it for you.
- Select "Review Details" when you're done with these options.
- This is the part you're not going to like; the portal will, based on the declared value of your items, break the submission down into separate tiers such that you are paying the lowest fees. However, because you've intentionally put lower value coins on higher tiers, just select "upgrade" in the upper right of the lower service tiers, and then select the level you want to upgrade to. This will move the items up to the level you want. Then select "Process Upgrades" and "Create Submission".
- And now your submission has been created with the coins listed in the right order and on the right tier. Just print a copy of the submission form to include in the package you mail to us and enjoy your portal discount.
If you should have any questions or need additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is already on our radar to simplify this process for you pros, but if you have any recommendations on how to improve this process, we're open to your suggestions.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article